What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Super wide black backgrounds

waltl

Dear Friends,
I have been downloading some images from the internet. They are JPEGs. When they are displayed initially they display with a super wide black background. The image size and canvas size are correct and match only the image part. The super wide black background makes them somewhat awkward while editing. What makes this happen and can I get rid of it? This only happens with certain downloaded images. When I working with my images or other downloaded images this doesn't occour.
Can you help?
Thanks!

longBlackBackground.jpg

waltl

Here's the actual image. As you see its fine, It's only when I view it in Photoshop that I see the wide background.RoncesLalique1921.jpg

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Not seeing any borders. Let me do some checking.

Screen Shot 2020-07-13 at 6.42.01 PM.png

thebestcpu

Guru
Hi Walti
I believe the black is the display background when you image does not fill the entire screen. The easiest way to change this is to right click on that area and chose a more desirable color that meets your need.
John Wheeler