What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Surf and Surfer Gallery

Hatch

Hi all,

I recently returned from Hawaii and attended the Monster Energy surf competition. The waves were amazing to me... I was told they were not impressive by a few Pro Photographers. [confused] Growing up in the desert ...these waves did more than impress me. LOL Even here on Okinawa we do not see waves of this magnitude even during typhoons. It was a beautiful day and I shot over 200 photos. Tons of fun.

Let me know what you think.
Hatch :}
http://www.psxtras.com/SurfGal/

Welles

Guru
Greetings from the real Surf City. [slick]

Yep, those were small waves for that beach. For almost anywhere else in the world they are huge. Nice pictures, Hatch. It must have been a real treat to be there. What a beautiful day!

Hatch

HI Wells,

Thanks for the comments! :} The weather there was 78-80 ...sunny and a the trade winds were blowing softly. MAN!!! Do I miss that kind of weather! Nothing but rain and cold here on Okinawa.

Thanks again,
Hatch

Very nice Hatch. Nice shots! and what photo presentation is that? PS CS? I really worked fine for me, very clear bitty icons at bottom.

stanislav

Hi there Hatch,

Those pics look really nice :}

I wonder wich camara and what kind of objective you used ?
I think i recall it on your websites forum (i guess) that you bought the 20D.
I am a hobby fotographer myself and i am saving to buy a dslr.
Well rock on

Cheers

ps
Peeps who view this forum check hatches w2k website because it is really cool

Hatch - thanks for the links, I will surely go and hope for the best (like your pages). Such a good application when one has a large amount of photos. :perfect:

Hatch

Hi Stanislav and Joy,

I shot the images with the Canon 20d and the lens is the 100-400L USM IS. I truly love the combination! Take a look at the moon photo I shot last week, this will give you an idea of what the lens can do.

Stanislav, if you are in the market for a camera, here is a lengthy post I replied to this morning. Might help.. might not. LOL http://www.wz2k.co.uk/forum/index.php?showtopic=1983&pid=10733&st=0&#entry10733

Thanks again,
Hatch

:}

moon.jpg

OMG Hatch fan tab bulous I'm complete blown away - that's better than the nasa site I go to! I've never see such detail. :shocked: beautiful, no wonder the moon has such an emotional pull on us, its beautiful.

Hatch

Thank you! I do love the shot. :} The fun part was figuring out how to shoot the image. The moon was so bright and with me being a a rookie...it took me several shots and some serious head scratching to figure out the right exposure and shutter speed. I learned tons from taking this photo. Thanks again for the great remarks. :}

Take care,
Hatch

stanislav

That is a beautiful shot man.

I'm not shure if that 400 lens is in my budget :(| :(|
But that 350d looks very interesting thanks

Hatch

Thank you all for the wonderful comments! :perfect:

The image might look good with an orange tint? Havest moon? I think it is called that when it is orange looking.

Thanks again, Hatch

stanislav

Amazing to me how many "hits" the moon has taken. Large and small, the objects smashing therein didn't knock this moon out of orbit. Makes me realize how much travelling stuff is burned-up while on its way to ground 0 earth.

It would be fun to see a glowing harvest moon - shop it Hatch! %}

Welles

Guru
Here's a Photoshopped moon using Flaming Pear's LunarCell. I was just curious how good a result I could get compared to the real thing.

Nice Welles! I got flaming pear and I didn't even notice that filter was there! thanks [confused]

Hatch

Nice one Wells! I liked the stars idea. Here is one I messed with. Nothing spectacular. I liked how the purple looked with the orange. Still rough... but any time in PS is a fun time. LOL
moonandstars2.jpg

Having fun... Hatch :}

Nice Hatch I like that. :perfect: