What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

tables

vash

Heeelpp!!!!!!! ok i did my design with photoshop, BTW, im talking about a template. What do i do now? i think i sliced it up already..... that part i dont get, tables. how should i put my stuff on a table?

how about frontpage or dreamweaver, makes my life eaiser :D. u think u cna help me? or do u know where i can get help?

welcome vash ... first go to file and then save for web ... refer pic below :)

okay vash ... a new window has appeared called 'save for web' ... check pic below and click where indicated (in my case the pic shows the Internet Explorer logo ... but it could show the Opera, Netscape or other browser logo) ... more info to follow in next post

vash this is the final part ..... your browser will have opened .. at the top is your image and under it is your image information followed by the 'table' you are looking for (scroll down) .... refer pic below ... good luck :)

ummm........ what is this? :D people say the use tables for their websites... to put thier stuff together...... i dunno how. i've made my design, my friend told me to use frontpage to put my stuff togetehr, i dont get it :D. i wanna learn how to use tables for my design

hmmn, .. vash maybe we have an interpretation problem here :) .. I'm interpreting your needs incorrectly :D ... Frontpage is OK (I've used it to see how an html code works - but I think there is a problem with some hosts not liking Frontpage extensions, so you could have a problem there) .... I suggest you try this link http://htmlgoodies.earthweb.com/ .... in the menu on the left of their website you will find alot of help on html tables ... hope this is what you are looking for :D

OMG dude :D im being annoying eh? but u misunderstood me again! ahahahahahahaha. my aim is 'wantedcsmaniac' heres my problem........ after i did my design with photoshop, i went to image ready and sliced them up! then i saved optimize as... u know, then that became a website! when i try to upload my page on frontpage.... picture are all messed up, they're on the proper places :D or when i use dreamweaver, it looks fine, but i can't add text! i think i need to put the slices together with a table.

Actually vash what you need to remember is that when creating/slicing your image design in Photoshop, you must slice out an area where your text will go later. This will usually just be an empty looking space with no specific image in it, just a solid colour.

Then when you open the html file in Dreamweaver, you need to DELETE the image that's in your text area space. That way, just an empty table cell will be left, and you can add your text at that point.

And you need to do this for every text area you have in your design.

Ian is right though... use DW, not FP -- for your own piece of mind. ;)

PS: if this isn't making any sense to you still, then i'd suggest some studying of basic html is in order. It's easy to learn, and won't take long to figure out. :perfect:

OMG dude! thats what i did in my previous websites, i dont feel complete tho, when i put then site on frontpage, its messed up. or on dreamweaver, on that text spot, when i press enter, the picture get messed up!! i've downloaded other templates, they dont get messed up!
=(, im jelous. all i know is that they use tables to put their slices together :D

So is everything ok now then?

You can't really do much in Web design these days without a good table layout. Albeit CSS is on the rise, it's not a good thing yet to be designing full-on with ONLY CSS. I've seen some sites do this and they're just begging for trouble. [stuned]

Dreamweaver should not mess up your page's design/layout Vash. It doesn't have that kind of control. It may LOOK like it's messed up, with spacing and alignment and stuff... but that's just how DW renders stuff in its work mode. Preview the page in a browser (F12) to see for sure what's going on.

Back