What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Specific Take a part from an image and clone it to another part

john19981

Ho guys!
I have this 2 images:
IMG_20200824_150116_740.jpg
IMG_20200824_150116_741.jpg

And what i would like to do is to take the white water part from the first image and "paste it" to the area that i show in the picture below maybe use the clone stamp tool (it should be like the second photo more or less, where we have white water also in the flat water):
IMG_20200825_152547_718.jpg

john19981

Did a quick rendition. Hope you like the results. More members may give their interpretation
John Wheeler

View attachment 114895
Oh sweet, would be nice if you'll just make one layer of the foam, like the second picture. And without the HDR haha (More or less in the white circle that i made)Thank you!

Last edited:

thebestcpu

Guru
Your welcome john.

I took your first image as the lower level in PS and your second image with the extra foam as the second Layer.
I choose a blend mode (such as Lighten) and positioned the upper Layer to the spot you indicated (then turned blend back to normal) and then mask out everything but the foam with Layer Mask and painting on the Layer Mask with a soft brush
I then clipped a curves adjustment Layer to the top Image Layer (so it would only adjust the foam Layer) and brightened it up a bit so that it would match your original image you wanted modified.

That was about it. In my prior version, I also took advantage of the Content Aware Fill Tool and using tone adjustments in Adobe Camera Raw filter.