What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Text does not follow path

Please try to keep any solutions in the open thread so that it might be helpful to future readers.
Of course IamSam. I was just providing a link to my DropBox so Mike could share the file and if he allows, I will share that link on the forum as well.
I am on the same page with you and thanks for the note.
Just did not want the file request link shared out in the open so I did not get spam in that particular DropBox folder :)
John Wheeler

I received the PSD file from Mike that showed the problem.
I looked at it a bit and did not get down to root cause of why text could not be wrapped around that particular path.
I suspect it is either a set property on that path that is incompatible with text wrap, the object is corrupt, or and Adobe Photoshop bug
I created a very simplified PSD file that has all other information in the file eliminated except the offending path and also added one additional path (outlined as the number 2 on the top of the image). The original "smile" path on the bottom does not accept wrapping text while the one I added with any path creation tool does accept wrapping text.
So go figure
Directly below is the simplified file (also a screen snapshot) which will show the problem if you give it a try and I also provided a link with Mike's permission to the original PSD file via DropBox

Maybe someone else can figure out this problem.
John Wheeler

Note: the image below is just a screenshot. The simplified PSD file is attached as a file to this post.

Screen Shot 2019-03-15 at 3.58.08 PM.png

DropBox link to original large file from Mike
Original Large PSD File from MIke

Attachments

• Michael Gisonda - archangel-tattooRev 8 simplified.psd
    919.9 KB · Views: 0

Back