What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Text effect

dustinwronka

I’ve added two examples of what I’m asking. The examples are photoshop and the artist added an effect to make the text look apart of the surface it’s on. There is noise and artifacts that make it look realistic. The arrows are pointing to what I’m asking for. Does anyone know what I’m talking about?

9B466213-7A4F-4ABB-8008-232586DED30A.jpeg

7088BC6D-FF0D-48A9-BD6B-BE90730909D3.jpeg

Looks like standard .jpg artefacts to me, low quality original will cause this.

I wish that were the case but the artist posted multiple images and some don’t have these artifacts. Thank you for the response

There's no need to pay for an explanation. What you are seeing are common artifacts associated with low quality images. This was not done on purpose.

If you asking if it can be simulated...............that's a possibility.

There's no need to pay for an explanation. What you are seeing are common artifacts associated with low quality images.
The artist posts a lot of photos. Some with this artifact to make the text look realistic on the surface it’s on and some that don’t. Is there a way to lower the resolution to just that text layer?

Some with this artifact to make the text look realistic on the surface it’s on and some that don’t.
If I were to make a guess, you are seeing some low quality/res photos and some high quality/res photos which may be causing you to think it was a deliberate effect.

I looked through most of his collection. I downloaded several images that were similar to your example. None were much bigger than roughly 1080 x 1349/1080. Almost all displayed the same jpg artifacts on zoom that your asking about. I could be very wrong, but I don't think this was done on purpose.

Do you know where you can access originals?

Back