What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

text problem not displayed level, jumbled up spacing

qxe900

Im working in a CMYK document, fairly large file, and when i have some text it appears all nicely justified on the same line and the spacing between each character is fine when selected to edit it...howevere when i commit to it the spacing goes all messy and wobbly on the line.....im having to do the text in illustrator and place it....ATM appears to be turned on (im on a G4 mac by the way) although i always have problems with some fonts saying ATM isnt installed and they appear really blocky and cannot therfore be used....anyone have any suggestions?

Happy New Year by the way!!!

The font might be corrupted...

I'm a Windows weenie, but the font problem might be with the font itself, especially if it was made in Fontographer, or if it was made by a small, independent make. Fontographer is not the best font-making program. Sorry. It can generate PostScript errors in a font, and then the font will not display properly. The be fair, creators also create fonts that are too large in file size (too many control points per character. 200 is supposed to be the limit), and there are "rogue" TrueType fonts out there, too.

If you'd like, eMail me the font, and I can tell you whether the problem is with the font or not. And I've even been known to be able to repair "broken" fonts.

Gary@Boutons.com

gxe, what OS are you using? ATM has always had periodic problems on the Mac; it doesn't play nice with some extensions. On OS 9, one workaround is to change when ATM loads at startup. Sometimes that works. I sometimes have problems with blocky, pixilated fonts too in preview, but they print fine.

On the other hand, Gare has a good point...it could very well be a corrupted font, epecially if that's the only font with that particular problem.

ill email you the font when i get back to work.

Im running OS 9.2....havent got into the OS X domain yet ;)

Ill also take a few screen shots to show you if i get time...thanks again!

Back