What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Text tool does not make new line

phaseman

I can't make paragraphs, every time I hit enter it commits, I keep having to open a new layer. The odd thing is it just started to happen, I've search google fo answers, maybe I ticked something by accident.

Some ppl suggested to use the key pad to hit enter, this did not work.

Any idea as to why this is happening?

Thanks in advance

iDad

Guru
I find if you go to a different layer and then back to text layer, you need to make sure your original text is actually selected placement of text tool needs to be just about perfect

phaseman

Wow I accidently found my solution, not sure it will work for everyone but my numlock was on which caused the text to commit.

iDad

Guru
numlock......... is that a total state of numbness?

iDad

Guru
Lol that's all that matters congrats

JLBerry

Wow I accidently found my solution, not sure it will work for everyone but my numlock was on which caused the text to commit.

It should NEVER matter whether num lock is on. Obviously you have some serious issues with your keyboard OR driver.

phaseman

Probably right I bought my crappy Acer in Beijing, thing never worked 100%...............DOH!!