What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Texture and Swirl Manipulation

crzykate58

sorry, she was so much fun to take photos of hahaha! This one i was playing with making swirls and lighting effects... with some random texture. anyways, let me know what you think :D Feedback for any improvements is always super welcome!

Rainbow Swirl.png

ibclare

Queen Bee
I'm not as crazy kate (couldn't resist) about this image as the rain one. But even so, I only have a few critiques and I like it mostly. I think the blown highlights idea is cool but goes too far. I would also like to see the ribbons interact with her more, cross over in one or two spots. Easy to mask if you like the idea. The little shadow girl seems a bit extraneous since it is a single emblem. Now if it were smaller or mirrored by a similar image maybe it would work better, IMO of course. But just imagining . . .

crzykate58

hahahaha SOMEone had to pull that line at some point of time lol might as well be you :p

i'll pull back the blown out lighting-ness, and the ribbon part shouldn't be too hard to do. Honestly, i think i'm just going to pull the random shadow girl, i'm not really sure why i put that there in the first place. random moment i guess haha! Thank you for the feedback! ^_^

Definitely tone down the brightness. I would add some color to the background to contrast your swirls, too.

Agent

crzykate58

ok, SO! i took out the funny shadow girl lol, and i toned down the color... idk if the steel gray helps make that streak of color in the BG pop more, or if i just took the life out of the image.

Screen shot 2012-05-08 at 6.30.05 PM.png

BUT in the midst of me working on it, while i was blending, one of the filters made the whole thing super abstract, and tbh, i thought it was kinda cool haha! am i the only one? probably :p
Screen shot 2012-05-08 at 6.27.57 PM.png

ibclare

Queen Bee
I like agent's ideas. And I like your abstracted one too though I have one suggestion to pull it back to earth. Mask her face in but not entirely. Make her a smart object and use the filer mask. Just to experiment. :thumbsup:

crzykate58

Good idea Clare! :D I'm having a bit of a hard time with the red/pink background... it's not blending the way i want it to :(

crzykate58

it kinda looks like she's trapped in a big piece of bubble gum hahaha

Screen shot 2012-05-11 at 12.23.47 PM.png

Attachments

• Screen shot 2012-05-11 at 12.03.51 PM.png
    Screen shot 2012-05-11 at 12.03.51 PM.png
    665.3 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

dv8_fx

Retired Administrator
You're first image looks good... you'll just have to find something to bring out the top of umbrella.

What does the top look like in the original picture? maybe you can use that to bring out the colors....

Paul

Former Member
I made a new layer of your image and then i used illustrator to convert it into a comic out line effect but i adjusted the sizes (a bit like threshold in shop), over layed with original image made a few adjustments wit colour and tones, and added a defused effect.
Looks kind of poster/cartoon styled now i think.
Ain't shop great.
View attachment 17540 combined image
View attachment 17541 comic book effect over lay.

crzykate58

omg, those last two look awesome!!! i can post the original on here on monday, all the files are at my work ^_^ play to your hearts content, though i think you already did a pretty stellar job!! i love the first one in color!