What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The July Free For All

gare

Power User
Okay, past monthly challenges have focused on effects and techniques, but we really haven't delved into the elusive art of design. Good design is the foundation of all of our painting, drawing, and modeling endeavors--without an original concept, our art becomes all embellishing and very little substance.

I'm looking for an original design for a kid's toy this month; the toy itself can be based on an existing object, but I'd really like to see some interesting, fresh concept work. If you're a PS or modeling wiz, by all means add your talents to the execution of your design, but let the concept--the design--live on its own. You don't have to be an engineer, either...entries should be imaginative, but they don't necessarily have to work out in the field!

Suggestions to prime the pump: a really hot-looking, but safe bicycle; a board or card game (please don't illustrate a hand-held computer game, tho'!), a doll, a bubble wand, a spinn ing top,a bathtub toy, a kid's wagon...you get the idea.

Here's an example: a Jack-in-the-Box.

Go for it!

My Best,

Gare

Nikkie

Power User
The July Free?For?All

Great image Gare!! :}

my favorite toy: a squeeze animal with glowing nose and tail ....

Nikkie

gare

Power User
Nikkie

Nice toy, nice render! :perfect:

I particularly like the floor reflections.

My Best,

Gare

gare

Power User
Re: The July Free?For?All

+++The Envelope, Please+++
Nikkie, you win everything!!!! Not only is your toy well-conceived and executed, but nobody else posted! :cry: