What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Knight and the Skull

Oddmonster

Hello everyoneI am ready for some critique on these pieces I made/composited. I am still somewhat of a photoshop amateur, so any critique is welcome.The digital skull - Made out of the skull in the pic and a random cirquit board.

cashew-plantation-skull-253x300.jpg

digiskullcables.jpg

The Knight and the Darkness -

knight.jpg
Which is made out of the following-These drapes

drapes.jpg
This helmet
renaissance-013.jpg

And I can't find the arch/towers I used, and as the amateur I am I applied all effects and such to the original, but it was just some random tourist picture like this -800px-RomeConstantine'sArch03.jpg

Nice concepts mate, my only problem is the lighting - i understand what sort of lighting you was probably after but the images you have created get lost in the darkness.

Nice concepts mate, my only problem is the lighting - i understand what sort of lighting you was probably after but the images you have created get lost in the darkness.

I agree.

The skull needs a lot more light. Looks awesome, though.

Agent

I defiantly agree that they both could use some more light, the first one especially. Right now it’s so dark you have to squint to see everything and understand the picture. Other than that I like the first one, the second one’s okay, but I feel like the drapes should round down at the shoulders, or you should see some of the armor at the shoulders.

Grab random stuff throw it in Photoshop = Freaking awesome pics!
Good job, Interesting method.
I agree about the lighting. (Need more.)

OK I'm only saying this because I ALWAYS do this and still haven't learned from my mistakes, so trust me we're in the same boat with this one.....

But the first image, the skull....whatever texture you used to overlay the "chip" design, try adjusting it to the natural contours and shape of the skull, because otherwise it won't look as convincing as it could. I do this all the time, and then end up having to put even more work in in the aftermath.

As for the darkness, I'd try starting bright, because you can always apply a lighting effect in the end that will naturally make it darker....it's always easier to go dark then bright, so start light, then go dark.

Otherwise, the idea's are awesome, love the skull especially, just needs some re-tweeking. Nice work.

Back