What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Little Red Riding Hood Series (Little Nudity)

lombi

Hey guys. Been a while, so I though I'd drop by with a whole exhibition's worth. Well, with an actual exhibition, which opened on the 7th of December.

And since noone yet managed to put and extra 12 hours into each day I've only now had time to actually post them online other than on my website.

Anyways, I'd love to hear your (brutally honest) opinion on these.

A short byline to the series:
You knew that Little Red Riding Hood simply wanted to get rid of her mother, so that she could sleep with the Big Bad Wolf, and the ferocious hunter, didn't you?

You knew that Little Red Riding Hood's instinctual drive was to be possessed by the wolf, who would make her a full female - and that because she was a child, this urge was translated into a desire to be devoured by the wolf ... didn?t you?

Perhaps you knew that Red Riding Hood was a warning by sexually repressed and repressive males in France, that females should beware the sexually predatory male wolf. And that this interpretation still weaves itself through the American psyche in the twentieth century...

Red Riding Hood rises from the pages of the book, like a flower unfurling, not yet sure of what awaits her. She has a heavy, fur-lined hood, covering her eyes so she cannot see what the future holds. She is awakening in the land of dreams, looking to become a full woman.

Possessed by the wolf with feet of human...

Looking at him but not seen to look, ashamed of her own humanity

She is female, and she is innocence, but her red cap links her to hell, where the devilish wolf resides in the air. She is destined for possession.

She has fallen from grace. The flowers that she once resembled; breathed as, lived as, now shy from her. Her fingers cannot stretch wide enough to catch them. She is grounded now, stuck on the Earth and in Purgatory, yet surrounded by the dream-land. The red foreboding sky always told her of what was inside her.

It took a staring human beast to bring it out...

A longer one is published at http://www.little-red-riding-hood.com/ (950 word essay, bottom of page)

These web versions don't really do the originals justice, since the artworks are 50x70cm. Not much we can do about that though :)

Anyways, artworks...

47.jpeg

"Once upon a time there was a sweet little girl. Everyone who saw her liked her, but most of all her grandmother, who did not know what to give the child next. Once she gave her a little cap made of red velvet. Because it suited her so well, and she wanted to wear it all the time, she came to be known as Little Red Cap."

48.jpeg

"One day her mother said to her, "Come Little Red Cap. Here is a piece of cake and a bottle of wine. Take them to your grandmother. She is sick and weak, and they will do her well. Mind your manners and give her my greetings. Behave yourself on the way, and do not leave the path, or you might fall down and break the glass, and then there will be nothing for your sick grandmother."

49.jpeg

"The grandmother lived out in the woods, a half hour from the village."

50.jpeg

"When Little Red Cap entered the woods a wolf came up to her. She did not know what a wicked animal he was, and was not afraid of him. "Good day to you, Little Red Cap."

51.jpeg

"She thought, "If a take a bouquet to grandmother, she will be very pleased. Anyway, it is still early, and I'll be home on time." And she ran off into the woods looking for flowers. Each time she picked one she thought that she could see an even more beautiful one a little way off, and she ran after it, going further and further into the woods."

52.jpeg

"Little Red Cap had run after flowers, and did not continue on her way to grandmother's until she had gathered all that she could carry. When she arrived, she found, to her surprise, that the door was open."

53.jpeg

"She walked into the parlor, and everything looked so strange that she thought, "Oh, my God, why am I so afraid? I usually like it at grandmother's." Then she went to the bed and pulled back the curtains. Grandmother was lying there with her cap pulled down over her face and looking very strange."

54.jpeg

"All the better to eat you with!" And with that he jumped out of bed, jumped on top of poor Little Red Cap, and ate her up."

55.jpeg

"And Little Red Cap thought to herself, "As long as I live, I will never leave the path and run off into the woods by myself if mother tells me not to."

Some footage from the exhibition opening if anyone's interested:

First Domen, it's great to hear from you again. Was just thinking, the other day, about where you'd gone. I can see by your site, that you've been busy. Looks great!

The Little Red Riding Hood exhibit is terrific, and has the characteristic Lombi feel. It'd be nice to get over to your neck of the woods, shake your hand, imbibe a couple and see your artwork up close. Good stuff brother, pop in from time to time.

Hehe, yeah, I've basically closed myself in my studio for two years, started learning a 3D package and did more offline promotions. And I was making two bigger exhibitions, this one and another, which just opened. Which you probably saw if you went on the page :)

So how has everyone here been?

Very cohesive and well thought out. Outstanding work.
Thanks for sharing .

Back