What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Masters

Tron

Guru
A question for Erik or all

I was wondering if anyone has tried to reproduce the works of some of the Masters in computer art. I have been browsing around at some of the galleries and looking at the works of da Vinci and others and wondered if there was any sites where these great works have been reproduced.
Anybody know?

kiwi

Guru
Not that I know of Rick :)

To try and reproduce one of the Masters works would probably be an exercise in futility due to the brush strokes involved and the technique of applying those brush strokes to a canvas etc.I suppose it could be done digitally to about 30% of the original work,but personally I would prefer to see it not attempted as I believe those who came before us and created these super human works of art deserve the respect of having their work left alone,at least as far as digital goes anyway,but thats just my opinion. :)

Stu.

Erik

Guru
I second that, Stu.

Still: someone trying out a Mondrian wouldn't bother me that much...