What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The May fReE?FoR?alL

gare

Power User
Back despite popular demand! :D

Here's the deal: I hoked-up the attached image; the flamingo pond in the background was from another photo. And the bomb was a present from a Road Runner cartoon. Onnnnly kidding-I modeled the bomb, rendered it, and used Dissolve paint mode in PS to light the fuse.

Your challenge is to change the background to something less fanciful, and you might want to replace the bomb with something else; a sack of potatos, a block of ice, you name it. Rendered models or photos are fair game.

This is a test of your image editing skills, so let's go for it!

My Best,
Gare

stanislav

Very funny Nitro :D :D

Welles

Guru
Nice one nitro! I wonder how many people know the original punk polka band? :D

I think it was in the early eighties sometime that I sorta slid from Flaco Jimenez and Lydia Mendoza into Brave Combo. Mind boggling! [confused] ;)

gare

Power User
Nice stuff!

Welles, verrry clever! Flaming Pear Glitterato? I love the suite, and so affordable!

Nitro! Yo! "Tank yew, boy-za..."
ROFL! That's a pic of my kid bro'...I'm gonna HAVE to share your retouching with him!

My Best,

Gare

Welles

Guru
Yep, Flaming Pear's Glitterato it is. You just can't beat Flaming Pear's fun/useful per dollar ratio!

The earth comes from a set of rendered globe shots which I purchased back in the '90s sometime. You might not be surprised that they were called GlobeShots. Actually they still are called GlobeShots! I just Googled them and...

http://www.globe-world.com/

I've ended up using them so many times that I've really gotten my $'s worth. ;)

stanislav

Jodelahiti jodellahita :shocked:

nitrobutler

Power User
Thanks all, In my youth there was only one TV in the house, so if your parents are watching Lawrence Welk, Well you come to enjoy the music.
Gare: If your Bro is a musician he'll really get a blast out of it :D
Welles: Your image reminds me of an gospel tune... He's got the whole world in his hands...
Stanislav: Looks like the other three guys are upset that he snatched the beer :}

dubya

Wow, it's been awhile since I've had time to be a part of the festivities. Here is a little different approach. . .

gare

Power User
Dubya...:) !

I love it!

The overall caliber of the submissions is terrific; keep it up, folks! You're all exceeding expectations, and I'm VERy pleased with the rebirth of this forum!

My Best,

Gare