What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thin dark outline when exporting a png

ildikodeak

hi Guys,

i am exporting transparent png-s for a webdesign,
but there is always a thin black outline around the picture :(
is there anyone who knows why ?
what I did:
- first i exported the cutout to a png
- then I reduced the size of the png in ps as it was too big..
what did I do wrong - and ..how can i get rid of this?
i attached 2 pics: the original size png and the exported png..

thanks a lot

Layer 0 copy 3.png

top-3.png

Feels like the resizing messed up your edges... It's probably related to the resampling method you used when downscaling the image. In the "image size" dialog, try changing the value in the "resample" dropdown menu... You might have to try a few different ones to get one that works great with this specific image.

hi jkemp,
thanks for the suggestion,
I tried it with all the options available but none of them are better :(

Hi ildikodeak

The issue is due to the transparency feathering around the image in combination with the resize rendering algorithm.

Just by resizing and using either the Preserve Details or the Nearest Neighbor rendering the problem totally goes away for me.

It also goes away if I extract the transparency out out to the Layer Mask and used the Select and Mask option on the Layer Mask and move the Contrast up slider quite high, then any image resize rendering algorithm gives the same result without the edge. That is very small in pixels so not sure that meets the end objective yet I did not address that in this response.

Hope that helps
John Wheeler

Back