What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thread Deletion

Stroker

Power User
Thread Deletion

Every once-and-awhile a thread will be deleted without warning or notice. Please don't get your knickers in a twist over this.

So far the only reason for immediate deletion of thread has been for posting a URL with illegal software. This is bad for everybody. I don't want to hurt Adobe and I don't want theKeeper getting into any trouble over this no matter how slight. I hope you feel the same way.

If a site is selling software at a greatly reduced cost, very good chance it's illegal.

For Adobe's Photoshop:
- No such thing as OEM any more.
- Back-up purposes only, which means you are paying a great deal of money for a back-up CD of software you should already own.
- Can't register it for technical support.

Just to name a few signs. For a better break-down, see:
http://photoshopnews.com/2005/05/16/if-it-sounds-too-good-to-be-true-it-isnt/

Also, making such posts is against the Terms of Service (TOS).

This is theKeeper's house.
Let's abide.

With recent events, add blatant spam to the list.
Will be deleted with out warning.

Hear hear!!! :perfect:

(or is that here here?)

(or is that hear here?)

(perhaps here hear?)

\:]

God. I love SUPERpowers. I'm glad you're on the prowl Stroker, keeping the park free of varmints. Now I'll hide in the bushes to roll a big'n.

The site that this quote is from sounds like it may be the same type of site.
"As bundled software it qualifies for all online upgrades but does not qualify for technical support registration from Adobe"

This is from one of the advertisers on this forum and I believe the subject of the deleted thread was also advertised on this forum.

Foto, that's one of the things that we are looking into. There are several sites out there that are looking into that as well. These mixed signals are causing quite the stir and hopefully will be taken care of soon.

If you ever need help.......... I'd be glad to spank a few of the spammers we do that over at Devppl also

Back