What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Paid Three edits to this photo $20

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhoSentYou

Price
Hi everyone -

My nieces came to visit and I wanted to send them this framed photo, but would appreciate it if someone skilled could make the following changes in a natural-looking way:

1. My fly is down! Oops. I'm hoping the flap can be moved a bit towards the center (or whatever you think is best) so it looks closed.

2. Could you eliminate the wires/pole/cement on the left so it looks like the rest of the dirt ground?

3. There's a chopped off remnant of another person on the far right. Could you somehow extend my niece's sweatshirt a bit without making her look weirdly misshapen or somehow remedy that just a little? I guess I could chop the image a bit on the right but having a small fringe of contuinuity where the other person begins would help.

I've included the original image and another with the problem areas circled in red for clarity. Feel free to ask any questions! Thanks so much for your kind assistance.

Edit03.jpg

Fix.jpg

Hi everyone - some excellent submissions; thanks so much. I'll take a look at them carefully and be back .
P.S. Just to clarify, I prefer for the saturation/contrast/brightness, etc to be left as it was in the original and for just the Photoshop changes themselves to be made. I understand and appreciate that some folks did so to be helpful but in general, I prefer to find those tonalities myself.

Any word on this job? I've seen the OP online but not posting anything. Let me know if possible! Thanks.

EDIT: Also...........I can not express enough for all of you members who participate in the PAID section...........please be on the lookout for insufficient watermarking!! I may not see them all so you guys need to watch out for your own interests and report these.

Insufficient watermarking opens the door for the OP to just use an insufficiently watermarked edit and remove the watermark. No one gets paid.

Hi Sam - thanks for your note; rest assured, I would never take advantage of the wonderful people here by trying to remove the watermarking myself. I've submitted several little projects over the last year or so and have always been very pleased with the results.

Pardon me, I fell asleep last night and a deadline at work blew up in my face early this morning, but I'll be downloading all the proofs for a side-by-side comparison in the next hour or so to examine the differences which are minute (e.g., some have the wires under the legs still, some retained the cement block on the far right, some added a hand which may be better or may be ceepy/weird, etc). Apologies to everyone for the wait, I just want to make the right decision; thanks so very much for your work!

I'm a little tangled up but will be right back...

Hi Sam - thanks for your note; rest assured, I would never take advantage of the wonderful people here by trying to remove the watermarking myself. I've submitted several little projects over the last year or so and have always been very pleased with the results.
Please understand that my comments were not directed at you personally, they were generalized and aimed more at the members who post edits here. It's a reminder of the possible consequences of allowing their fellow users to post inadequately watermarked edits. Sorry for any confusion!

Pardon the delay and thanks for all the kind submissions; they were all great in their own way.

I know there's a lot of subjectivity in this, but just by way of feedback/transparency I'm passing on Babine and Kabak's excellent work because the wires are still visible beneath the legs and the concrete block on the left remained (Kabak's also had a bit too much saturation and I prefer the tones as they are in the original). Retoque's work on the girl's sweatshirt may have been my favorite, but the wires and block were also present.

That left Gene and Asahid. I prefer an extended sweatshirt to a fake hand, and I love the seamless way Asahid extended the sweatshirt (the glimpse of green just behind it was a great touch!). However, and we're splitting hairs here, the crotch area on Asahid's looks weirdly blurry, almost like there's no zipper flap on the jeans, whereas Gene's is well-defined. So I'm going to give it to Gene by a nose.

Gene, I prefer the version you did without the hand, but am noticing the last square in the bottom right-hand corner on that one is kinda pink; could you kindly just adjust that to look like the cream-colored sweatshirt, which I'm guessing is a cinch for you? Thanks so much, please PM me your Paypal details!

Apart from Gene's payment....Asahid, I'd like to offer you $5 just as a 2nd place thank you (you don't need to to send me the photo, just as a good faith gesture for a job well done because I hate everyone else getting zero). Just PM me your deets. Sam, hope that's okay in terms of the rules and whatnot. Thanks so much, everyone.

P.S. - Gene, I'm remembering that you helped me with a logo back in November of 2020, just want to confirm that your Paypal is linked to the same address.

Last edited:
Pardon the delay and thanks for all the kind submissions; they were all great in their own way.

I know there's a lot of subjectivity in this, but just by way of feedback/transparency I'm passing on Babine and Kabak's excellent work because the wires are still visible beneath the legs and the concrete block on the left remained (Kabak's also had a bit too much saturation and I prefer the tones as they are in the original). Retoque's work on the girl's sweatshirt may have been my favorite, but the wires and block were also present.

That left Gene and Asahid. I prefer an extended sweatshirt to a fake hand, and I love the seamless way Asahid extended the sweatshirt (the glimpse of green just behind it was a great touch!). However, and we're splitting hairs here, the crotch area on Asahid's looks weirdly blurry, almost like there's no zipper flap on the jeans, whereas Gene's is well-defined. So I'm going to give it to Gene by a nose.

Gene, I prefer the version you did without the hand, but am noticing the last square in the bottom right-hand corner on that one is kinda pink; could you kindly just adjust that to look like the cream-colored sweatshirt, which I'm guessing is a cinch for you? Thanks so much, please PM me your Paypal details!

Apart from Gene's payment....Asahid, I'd like to offer you $5 just as a 2nd place thank you (you don't need to to send me the photo, just as a good faith gesture for a job well done because I hate everyone else getting zero). Just PM me your deets. Sam, hope that's okay in terms of the rules and whatnot. Thanks so much, everyone.
Great reply. Thanks for taking the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back