What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tiff files

spazzy

I have a bunch of tiff files I would like to convert to either .psd with transparent background or .png with transparent background. The files have layers marked with colours and a mask layer. How do I do this? I have tried to attach a file to show what I mean, but I'm not sure if I've done it right. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• AVOS#CTS001.zip
    6.6 MB · Views: 7
just save it as a .psd or.png your done

Well, i know for a fact if you save it as a .psd you can retain your layers and transparency. So if you are going to use these images in indesign or illustrator (not sure about quark) you would be good to go. I cant speak for .png's, i dont use them much... i know they will retain transparency, but im not sure if it keeps the layers. Maybe some one else could give a clear answer on that.

No layers in png

Thanks for the replies, but it does not work to save as psd or png, it is not transparent when I do so. I tried to look at the file that iDad posted but it would not open, saying invalid archive.

Back