What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tiger Pencil Sketch for Art Coursework

apologies, i meant for critique with suugestions i'm able to draw on or add to the actual picture with. meaning the classic on paper sort of lark.

more shading/shadow.
imagine your throwing a bucket of water at it. (from any direction you choose)
the places where the water hits first are highlights and parts it doesnt are the shading/shadows.
hope that makes sense

Last edited:
Zeealex, your drawing is a good attempt. But you need to start really looking at the subject and building a foundation for your drawing. Remember that a tiger is a biological subject that lives in 3D space. The idea is to try and convey that in your drawing. You're spending too much time on details too early on in the drawing. It's important to get the structure built first. Then build up your light and shadows and finally add details. Here is my 2 minute quick-sketch of the underdrawing that I would start with as a foundation for the drawing. Notice, major details are left out, I'm concentrating on form and anatomy (notice the blue-pencil undersketch of the skull). Once this is done you now have a great map to start working on shadows and highlights and finally details. Hope this helps you in some small way. Above all else, keep drawing!!

tiger.jpg

I agree with more shadowing. Shadowing and shading to bring depth really changes the perception of a picture. Good work though keep it up

Take a softer pencil (B) and add a shadow around the hairs.At the upper left and between the hairs the shadow should be darkest.Let it blend into brighter values the more you go to the lower right.

Last edited:

Back