What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tilting bulding

_alexbrandt_

Hello all,

I've a got a landscape / city scape picture with a church tower in the BG.
The tower is very slightly (really hard to notice...) tilted on the left. I'd like to adjust to make it straight.

What would be the best tool for that ? I thought about Liquify but I'm not sure it's good for architectural shapes.

Screen Shot 2018-12-09 at 22.33.31.jpg

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
It's an optical illusion tricking your eye.

Everything is straight.........
Screen Shot 2018-12-09 at 5.07.53 PM.png

MentosCubing

Power User
I am almost entirely self-taught and I don't know if this is the conventional method of doing it, but if it was me, I'd just select the tower, move it to a new layer, and use the "distort" thing from the Free Transform menu to drag the corners around until it looks good. That can leave you with some weird pixelation and blurring when you rasterize the layer again, but it's so small and far away that I think it would be fine for this particular image. Since the tower has very little pixel data anyway, not much would be lost.
I don't use Photoshop though, I use Affinity Photo. I don't know if Photoshop has a better tool for it. (It probably does, to be honest.)

_alexbrandt_

I am almost entirely self-taught and I don't know if this is the conventional method of doing it, but if it was me, I'd just select the tower, move it to a new layer, and use the "distort" thing from the Free Transform menu to drag the corners around until it looks good. That can leave you with some weird pixelation and blurring when you rasterize the layer again, but it's so small and far away that I think it would be fine for this particular image. Since the tower has very little pixel data anyway, not much would be lost.
I don't use Photoshop though, I use Affinity Photo. I don't know if Photoshop has a better tool for it. (It probably does, to be honest.)

Ehm, yeah I see your logic. It does make sens to do it that way.
I never heard of Affinity Photo.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
In Ps, make a strategic selection of the object......
Screen Shot 2018-12-10 at 9.50.22 AM.png

Use Free Transform to rotate....
Screen Shot 2018-12-10 at 9.50.57 AM.png

Clean up with the Clone Stamp Tool.
Screen Shot 2018-12-10 at 9.53.46 AM.png