What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

To washed for use or is this still useable

CoVillans

I have he camera raw files for these images. My problem is that too keep all the threads properly I use a technique with the levels, hue/saturation to blackend the object but leave the background white so I can simply select and delete the background. Unfortunatly the image bleeds to much. Anyone have a suggestion on how to correct the clash of the colors without using the pen tool (Due to that fact that I have 30 of these images to complete).

THANKS! THE COVILLANS!2.jpg

I did this in about 5 minutes using a channels based selection of the blue channel. Two Curves adjustments>strong Contrast. Levels set the black slider about half way in. Curves>Strong Contrast. Then Painted over in Overlay mode with the brush white over the background, black over the lure. Then in normal painted in the miscellaneous areas. Guessing with getting used to it and makeing a system you could do these in about 3 minutes a piece.
2 copy.png
I did this one by appling two curves adjustments to the image as strong contrast, one levels pull the whites up a bit, then using color range selecting the white, fuzzyness at 25. Invert Selection Control +J to copy to a new layer. (or you could not invert and delete the white, you pick.) Next using the history brush and set to and step before the delete, paint back in any necissary parts of the image. This took probably two minutes. With practice you could probably do in a minute to a minute and 20 sec.
2 copy1.png
But as you can see it is a bit harsher on the eyes.
I fixed this by creating a new layer, paint over it with the history brush all over the image on the open action. Then clip that layer to the previous one by holding alt and clicking between the layers.
Hope this helps.
2 copy2.png
This is the final result. The background is actually transparent.

Yah but its really choppy. I did this one earlier today. No choppiness. Magic wand wont work. I may have to have all the pics re-taken on a different background. But thanks guys!
samp.jpg

Back