What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tool selection driving me nuts

Lynny

Somehow my options have changed and I want the old way back..... when I select a tool, any tool with a triangle in the corner, it doesn't matter where I click on that button, I have to actually choose which tool I want, even if it's the one thats showing,

once if I wanted the one that was showing on the toolbar, I just had to click on the little picture of it, and it was selected, now the little window pops out, and I have to choose it manually, very annoying....

can anyone help me get it back to the other way....

Lompoc42

Check your preferences in Photoshop and your folder options in Windows. You may have accidently set it to open your folders and programs with one click instead of two. If all else fails, learn your hotkeys. You'd end up using these more than actually clicking the icon anyway! :perfect: :D Hope this helps. :rofl: :rofl: B7
KOP

ranger72

Hi There Lynny!

Try this.....Open Photoshop.....open a new file...white background ..does'nt matter...then click on any of your selection tools...

then hover your cursor over the selection tool which is shown in the options bar...this should show you a TOOL TIP...which will give you the option of re-setting your tools....click on same...it should reset your tools to default and then re-adjust from there!

Hope this helps!

ranger72 :)

Lynny

I have always had single click and I never used to have this problem, I do use keys for some things, but find looking at the keyboard to find keys takes longer than clicking on the tool itself.....

Ranger, I did what you said, but it didn't fix it, anyone else know what I'm talking about, and know how to fix it, I tried reinstalling PS overnight, and even that didn't fix it.

I remember once ages ago, I read how to set all photoshop options to default, but can't remember how to do it, I think I deleted something somewhere, and when PS started again it made a new one, or was that another programme.

ranger72

Ok Sorry Lynny!

If after having done a Photoshop Re-install and that did not rectify the situation then perhaps you have inadvertantly changed some of your confuser settings....you know on your OS....

Try Pming one of the mods for further help..

ranger72 :)

Lynny

I'm using XP pro, I'm off to bed now, almost 8 am, will see if anyone else know by the time I get up.... thank you anyway Ranger.

G

Lynny said:
I remember once ages ago, I read how to set all photoshop options to default, but can't remember how to do it
Hold Alt+Ctrl+Shift when you start Photoshop.

Erik

Guru
I had this problem with an older mouse. Somehow the contact slowed down, and if you stay too long on any tool icon-wit-triangle, PS opens the fly out to let you choose.
Perhaps resetting your mouse speed can help, if not, perhaps a new mouse.

Or evt indeed resetting preferences, although I'm not shure about that.