What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tools in reverse

imagemaker

If Photoshop CS6 has a tool in reverse how do you fix that? For example, I have seen this with the magnifying glass where the default is zoom out instead of zoom in and you have to press alt., but it has happened inexplicably with other tools as well.

I have seen this with the magnifying glass where the default is zoom out instead of zoom in and you have to press alt., but it has happened inexplicably with other tools as well.

Click on either of the plus or minus Zoom Tool icons to make it default.
Screen Shot 2018-04-11 at 2.47.35 PM.png

What other tools? Please provide an example.

Last edited:
That's the problem. A student showed me and I forgot. I just wonder if there is a general feature for "reversing tools" in the mode of + and - that you have in the magnifying glass.

The Quick Selection Tool works like the Zoom Tool.
Screen Shot 2018-04-11 at 8.25.05 PM.png

The Lasso, Polygonal Lasso, Magnetic Lasso, Rectangular Marquis, Elliptical Marquis, Single Row Marquis, and Single Column Marquis Tools all use the Shift key to add to a selection and the Opt/Alt key to subtract from a selection.

Back