What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

transforming the image for the sewing cut-out

Turbulent

hi, I am thinking about creating a customized face mask with the image printed on it. Is there any way to transform the image to fit the sewing cut-out? i.e. the for which is similar to the attached here. because if i just print out the image on the material and then cut the form out, it will miss a couple of areas on the central axis then.
thanks!

face mask.jpg

It depends on what the image is. Photoshop has tools like Warp or Liquify that can conform an image to a customized shape. But those tools might cause too much distortion for your specific image. Alternatively, it might be better if you shrink your image slightly so that it all fits, and then add additional background around the perimeter so that it fully covers the mask material.

If you don't mind posting your image here, then people can give you better advice for how to accomplish what you want.

I think that I will need to cut the cat's face into two pieces and then warp them separately to fit the chin and nose flaps cut-outs.

Photo-source-Were-All-About-Cats.jpg

I have a question to your design.
The four dotted patterns show various cut lines from Large to Extra Small
If you print for the extra larger, the person cutting out for the Extra Small will cut most of the picture out it was made to fit the large size.
Do you want it scaled for a Large Mask, scaled to just inside the extra mask or "?"
The difference of area between large and extra small is about 3X difference. Seems like something has to give.

So which cut-out line do you want the image stretch and how much of the cat do you want left if its cut to Extra-Small
Hope you understand my question
John Wheeler

Bought these for the Grand Kids.

Back