What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Transparent Colour!!

folz83

Hello, I am new here and new to photoshop and so my question may sound really simple but pardon me, I am still learning. Sorry cant post link so if you go to the address with the usual prefix for all websites beginning with "w" and suffix beginning with "c" (address is fmaarchitects). The picture slideshow on the homepage has text below the pictures written on transparent background.... I want to achieve the colour of the transparent background, how do I go about this ? Look forward to any assistance.

If you're using Photoshop, create an empty layer above the background image, Draw a rectangle of the color shape with the marquee selection tool. Double click the foreground color swatch in the tools palette to bring up the color picker... select the color you'd like and than choose the edit>fill>foreground color to fill your selection with the color on your new layer. Use the opacity slider to adjust the layer opacity until you get the transparency you like. Add a text layer above this and you're good to go!

Back