What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trying my creative hand - feedback welcome

thebestcpu

Guru
For those that know me, know I am left brained, so stronger on the technical side and more challenged on the creative side.
I have used PS for some time yet there are still lots of tools and techniques I have never used. So believe it or not I am taking an introduction to PS class through PSA to force me to go more step by step through a lot more PS tools in all the menus and enjoying the journey.

Each lesson requires submission of images based on your own starting image with detailed explanations of how you got your result (not included here).

So attached below is my initial image (an overexposed image I took many years ago - already cropped down) and the final version using a variety of tools (e.g. oil paint) and techniques (some I made up myself). I enjoyed the process so thought I would share one of the lesson results.
Posting mostly for fun yet thanks in advance for any feedback.
John Wheeler

Initial---trying-out-some-PS-tools.jpg

Final---trying-out-some-PS-tools.jpg

Wow...Congrats to this excellent work. I love the changes in color, contrast and the brush-look of a painting.
Regards Chris

Thanks for sharing, John. Lovely work! You brought vividness and life into it while expressing artistic freedom. Whoever said you are not creative?

For those that know me, know I am left brained, so stronger on the technical side and more challenged on the creative side.
I have used PS for some time yet there are still lots of tools and techniques I have never used. So believe it or not I am taking an introduction to PS class through PSA to force me to go more step by step through a lot more PS tools in all the menus and enjoying the journey.

Each lesson requires submission of images based on your own starting image with detailed explanations of how you got your result (not included here).

So attached below is my initial image (an overexposed image I took many years ago - already cropped down) and the final version using a variety of tools (e.g. oil paint) and techniques (some I made up myself). I enjoyed the process so thought I would share one of the lesson results.
Posting mostly for fun yet thanks in advance for any feedback.
John Wheeler

View attachment 125927

View attachment 125928
You know the image is good and high quality when it takes your device 2 mins to load the image.