What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

trying to make buttons

chelmarsie

Hi. I am trying to make buttons on PS. I am very new to this. I am taking a class in DW and didn't know that PS was going to be used so I didn't learn it (so now I am trying to learn 2 software programs at same time).
This is my dilemma:
I am trying to make buttons for a site redesign project for class. I figured out how to make the layer, put the name (eg. Home, About Us, etc) and do drop shadows, bevel etc. The problem is when I do that it only makes these changes over the text. I cannot figure out how to make a box around the text, and make that box a button. It is frustrating. I have tried so many different things.
I would appreciate any and all help. thanks.
Penne

SuperVillain

Well, you can't code the button but, you can design it. All you have to do is save it as a png, and it will adapt to what ever background color it is placed on.

Nomission

There are hundreds of tutorials availlable.
Try a simple search: "making a button in photoshop"

What you need to understand is that DW is for webpage coding, PS is for graphics and Photo manipulation.
The main issue here is that if you're going to build a webpage you'll need both. One for the coding part and the other for the design and graphic pieces production.

Panico

Trying to remove stylus pen marks from photo

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm sorry i am a first time user and do not know how to help with your particular situation, but hopefully you may be able to help me with mine my friend.

Hi everyone. I have a personal picture of my cheating wife with her lover taking a photo in a hotel room(no nudity). it was sent to me by someone that wants to prove to me that she is being untrue. the picture was sent to me via a PALM cellphone. the sender however used a stlyus pen and made post photo editing to the picture, covering the face of the male with several black marks. can these marks be removed? anyone who can help please reply or email me madmattbody @yahoo.com and i can send u the picture for fixing, as i do not know what to do. i would like to use this photo as proof of her infidelity in divorce court. THANK YOU ALL

Any jerk spamming a forum like this with 16 times the same message deserves to be cheated on.