What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trying to recreate an edited image

brianm24

I have 2 versions of the same image. This is the original unedited version:
Sydney-Unfiltered.png

And this is the edited version (NOTE: I wasn't the person that edited this):
sydney.jpg

I am trying to re-create this edited version from the original. I added a black layer and I'm changing the opacity but I just cannot recreate the same colour. Is there any way to identify what was done to the original image to create the edited version? Is there anything else I should try doing?

Mod Edit: Please read our forums rules before making any further posts!

JeffK

Guru
I don't understand - you wanted to add a black overcast to the original? The edited version just has the appearance of being highly underexposed! What exactly are you trying to achieve?

brianm24

Sorry if my post wasnt clear. How do I re-create the very same image as the edited one I have linked to above using the original version? I tried adding a black layer and changing the opacity but I just cannot create the same colour as the edited version I linked to. Is there anything I should try to do to re-create this?

JeffK

Guru
I don't see "color" - I see a highly underexposed-like image that you posted as edited:

1637063505582.png

brianm24

The shading is what I'm trying to recreate. All I need to do is identify how to create a new version of the original image that's the exact same "shade" as the edited version.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Maybe not exact, but close enough.

Before....
Screen Shot 2021-11-16 at 9.55.28 AM.png

After....
Screen Shot 2021-11-16 at 9.55.10 AM.png

Curves adjustment layer and Brightness & Contrast adjustment layer clipped to new image.

Screen Shot 2021-11-16 at 9.58.23 AM.png

Curves adjustment layers properties....
Screen Shot 2021-11-16 at 9.59.27 AM.png