What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tutorial 3D text

borderline

Hi there,

I would like to be able to replicate something similar to the attached picture
Is there a tutorial somewhere I can follow? thanks !

Attachments

• 0011.jpg
    0011.jpg
    141.9 KB · Views: 2
Pen tool some patience/time, several layers and ruperts the bear.

Just checking, do you have the software to create 3D text (Photoshop Extended, or 3D Software)?

That image is not 3-D text software that's all doable within PS without 3-D software

That's my guess, as far as how that image was created

Must be downunder thing or UK
what is "ruperts the bear"

EASY AS SING SONG DING DONG ER DING dong, wines a flowing old fruit:rofl:

I think that wine flowing was made with old fruit, it's fermented in your brain ......oldgoat!

But i am happy, and able to chop the crusty old pants off you old man.

That's debatable mister chopshop wannabee:mrgreen:

Recalibrates the pen tool looks to new layer with 2 pixels set:mrgreen:

We help PSG with hits unappreciated hits (they might be off-topic but) their hits:rofl:

Hi borderline,

This is how the effect is done. I'm not using the faux 3D Studio 54 logo.

Find an image you want to add photos to.
I'm going to use this flat Studio 54 logo.
Screen Shot 2013-10-08 at 6.14.26 PM.png

Next I use whatever tools I need to make some windows into the logo. Each window needs to be on it's own layer. I used the Rectangular Marquis tool and the Pen Tool. You must fill each layer with black.
Screen Shot 2013-10-08 at 6.14.40 PM.png

Then I picked some photos I wanted to place into the windows. Place each new photo directly above the window you would like for it to appear. You will probably have to transform each one (command +T).
With the photo layer highlighted, right click on the layer in layer panel itself and choose "create clipping mask". Do this for each of the windows.
Screen Shot 2013-10-08 at 6.14.54 PM.png

Here is the Layers Panel....
Screen Shot 2013-10-08 at 6.16.41 PM.png

This is the same technique they used in the Studio 54 Logo you posted.

Must be downunder thing or UK
what is "ruperts the bear"

I wish I was still young enough to be able to ask that question.

As to the graphic, that is really nice work and a lot of talent went into creating it. I am not saying it is hard to do, but visualizing it was most of the job. Yes you could use PS 3D tools to make an extrusion from the front face and rotate it to create an easier to follow template, but if you could make the front face, you absolutely wouldn't need to.

Vaguely remember seeing that show but probably never paid attention to it, changed channel real quick LOL

Back