What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tutorial Request?

Apollosky

Hey everyone, Im working on a header for a company webpage, that does Trenchless ground disturbances.
(i.e) Directional Drilling, Naumatic Hammering, And Augering. I need some help locating some tutorials or if you have any idea how to go about making,

Dirt/Mud/Gravel Ditches and Roads.
3d-ish Pipe/ or Culvert

It would be greatly appreciated. ;\

That's a tough question. I don't recall ever coming across a tutorial specifically about painting ditches and culverts. Here's a site that has some tutorials about creating enviroments. Maybe you can apply some of the techniques. http://www.fengzhudesign.com/tutorials.html

Hey, cool link Moth! I really enjoyed looking though some of his works. But, I'm afraid the tutorials might not help, being they're not Photoshop specific and they are tilted more towards obtaing a look and fell of a piece rather that step by step instructions on how do do something. However, why not use some pictures of dirt, gravel, mud, etc.. and use composite those into the header?

Thanks for the ideas guys. [honesty] I don't know why I had to pick such a Hard project. But Im going to stick to my guns instead of trying to find an easy way out.. I guess I'll be looking for odd tutorials to make up my piece instead of a step by step.
Thanks for the Link moth. Interesting page, Im going to have to spend some time going over it for sure. ;)

I am happy to help anyway I can. You may have to look at some "how to paint a landscape" books from your local library or bookstore to get an idea how to paint this in acrylics or oils. From there you can adjust the techniques. I've got a feeling your probably need to make a undercoat layer using two shades of brown and render/clouds. From there it will be airbrushing with either textured brushes or custom brushes. Do a google search for images you can use to make your own textures.

Back