What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TV Reception effect !

mdabhi

Is there a way to create a tv reception effect in Photoshop. I mean when you accidentally press the wrong button on your remote and a noisy channel appears. I tried using the moise filter but the results aren't that realistic is there a way to create this?

If I were you I would create a layer, add some noise(uniform) kinda heavey. Then duplicate the layer and gaussian blur until you get your liking and then add a little contrast. After that play with the layer settings a bit to get it how you want.

Just an idea
Keith

Welcome to the community mdabhi. Hope you enjoy your stay.

Squarecan's suggestion is about right. I'd watch the amount of blur used though as it will tend to increase the size of the individual static dots.

This effect can actually look a variety of ways. It's such a random and unpredictable looking effect. So in other words, don't be afraid to "add your own style" to it. ;)

Here's just one of the many ways this effect can look.
This uses Noise (uniform) and a "Halftone Pattern" (lines) effect. The lines should be really thin (1px). Then to thin the lines out more, apply the FILTER>Other>Maximum filter, set to 1. And then, use the rectangle selection tool to select every 3rd/4th line and delete it.

TIP: The Halftone Pattern filter requires you start out with a white area. Set the layer's Blend Mode on Multiply to 'hide' the white lines afterward.

PS: I also slightly "spherized" my example.

dosen't the halftone pattern filter create cmyk dots like the ones produced in magazines and stuff. This is to the keeper Would learning to draw traditionally enable to improve my photoshop skills to a good level.

Not the "Color Halftone" found under the "Pixelate" submenu mdabhi, the "Halftone Pattern" filter found under the "Sketch" submenu. :perfect:

Would learning to draw traditionally enable to improve my photoshop skills to a good level.
Most definately. It can never hurt. :B

This to the Keeper, is there a way to create an animation of out bd TV Reception Effect as I would like to use this sort of effect in a flash presentation so it looks like it's not intercepting some parts of a message. A bit like phongs www.phong.com/index.php that top blue screen on his site. Something along those lines would be cool

Thanks in advance

Back