What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Type Over Image

lenny

Hi All,

Im putting images up on the web and was looking for a simple way to put say type over the image and still see the image.
Either a 10 % type or a sea threw embossed type. I was looking for an action for PS 5.5 but with no luck. I understand people can still grab theimages and use them but I was trying to make it hard with the Copyright stuff overtop.
Any Ideas?
Thank you

Bubble

Power User
Firsty, welcome Lenny...

Um... not really sure what you are asking, I'm sure someone else here won't be as daft as me. If you simply want to see your image through your type though, you just lower the opacity on your type layer until you get the desired transparency...

but i'm probably completely off track... so once again, welcome, and i hope someone solves your problem soon ;)

namvet

Power User
Hi Lenny and welcome .... is the pic below what you want to do??

hedsteve

put in your text layer and then on the top right corner of the layer's pallette there is a area that says "opacity" lower that number and you'll see through the text.

lenny

Hi Again,
I understand but was hoping to find out how to make it an action
so that I can batch apply it to pictures (that are the same size)
Ie I wanted to apply it at an angle across the pic
You guys are great thaks again
Len

MsOz

Power User
lenny,

"sea threw "????
}:\
}P
[:I
Oh, for the loss of literate communications! :( :shocked: :(

Erik

Guru
-Open a new file of the size of your other images
-try out and note the steps you're gonna make
-open your actions palette, click the recording button and perform the steps in the logical sequence
-stop recording
-open the File>Automate>Batch and enter your settings. See that it points to your action, and to the folder in which you have all your images
-OK

now what to record?

-add a text layer (tools palette)
-type your text, hit the V, then add layerstyles if you want to, rasterize
-Edit>Transform>Rotate set your angle in the options bar (check this before you record the action!)
-stop recording

Best is NOT to overwrite your originals, so make a copy, just for if...

wbiss

Guru
:D Welcome lenny!

Floydski

Ah watermarking... right? ;)

Doesn't 5.5 come with the option?

-Floyd