What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

type tool problem...

markm

hey people..... this happens to me so often, I'm getting fed up with it now and I need someones help here to deal with it.

I hit 'F' twice to go 'Fullscreen'... then I hit 'Tab' to clear the palettes. From this point I decide to edit some text and hit the 'T' key to bring up the type tool..... with me so far?

I edit the text.... and then what??... how do I 'release' the type tool and allow others to be chosen?

...I'm stuck.... there's no palettes to click because I've cleared them all.... All I have is the keyboard to tap on.

Currently I'm 'releasing' the type tool, by hitting 'Escape' ..... but then I lose all the new text I've produced....aghhhhh!!!!

ok, ok, I know that it serves me right for clearing everything away in the first place... but I can't be the only person on the planet who has this problem....

erm... can I?

kiwi

Guru
Try hitting tab once more to return your palettes.

Stu.

markm

nope :( still no joy.....

have a go at it.....

1: create a new canvas (any size)
2: hit F twice
3: hit Tab once
4: hit T
5: type away........

and when finished..... try and get out (back to normal palette mode)..... without losing your text.

......aghhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!

dv8_fx

Retired Administrator
Yup, You have to press CNTRL+ENTER if you want to select or change tools. This applies whatever function you did. Only then can you choose a new tool via keyboard shortcut.

Speaking of shortcuts, I had a document which shows all the known Photoshop keyboard shortcuts. It's called the GRANDMOTHER OF ALL SHORTCUTS in memory of the "Mother Of All Battles" event. Let me search for that.

vee

ToXin

There are still some 'old school' people about, I hope.. or perhaps I should be tied to that dodo in the corner [confused]

erm... I have 5.0 and a medium term savings plan to hopefully get 7 for Christmas, so I would be interested dv8_fx :)

markm

ok the results from the 5th annual photoshop problem solving time trials are in:

Challenge: Releasing the Type tool with the keyboard only.
Answer: Ctrl+Enter or Enter in the Numerical Pad.

1st place.... in lightening speed markzebra
2nd place... shortly after {OZ}
3rd place... Raphael
4th place... Darkshadow

thanks to all those that took part... hope to see you all again in next year... where an equally daft question will be posted by the same clueless PS user.

:)