What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

under construction

Possum169

I'm just working on my craft. Shot a home under construction. used some color range, blend modes and color themes. nothing too drastic.

curtis.jpg

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
It really helps if you post the before image. Let's us see what you have done.

Rich54

Guru
Can you describe what effect you were trying to achieve? From what I can see, it seems you were trying to change the photo from bright daylight to dusk. You've reduced the contrast and darkened all the bright areas. But you've also lightened some areas that were darker to begin with, such as this little area here. If you were trying for a low light situation (maybe I'm wrong about that), I'm not sure why dark areas would ever get lighter in that scenario.

1622695717369.png

All the shadows and highlights of the original image are very sharply defined and indicate a midday sun. There are too many visual cues in the image—glinty highlights on the roof; the railing shadow on the dock—that suggest bright midday light, so to me the edited image seems washed out rather than dusky. Also, my eye keeps being drawn to the low sky on either side of the house. It's very brown and gives the impression of hazy air pollution, contributing to the washed-out feeling.

Sorry to sound overly critical. Perhaps I'm misreading what you're trying to achieve, but this one doesn't work for me. I much prefer the composite you posted several weeks ago of the woman standing near the river.

Possum169

Well let me start off by explaining that I was expecting to shoot a fully furnished home for a broker. When I got there I was very disappointed to learn not only was it not furnished but it was still under construction. I was told that the owner just wanted some photos to put out and I was also asked to just give some nice views of the areas of the property and show the layout.

Possum169

it looks nice the final result. what did you use to achieve it?
I used color range to even out and emphasize color of house.
I used color wheel to enhance the grass for home color then opened the shadows some places. Enhanced sky.