What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Underwater Ticket Design

crzykate58

Hey guys!

This is my first post ^_^ but i just wanted to get your feedback on what you think about this ticket i made! Please ignore the info on there, it's just a filler for what it would look like with a title, web info, location, time and all that jazz.

Thanks everyone!! <3

Athletic Fundraiser Dinner_Luau_blue (Tickets)_12.jpg

I like the design but not a fan of the typography I undestand the theme but honestly I find it hard to read. But it works well if that makes sense. Over all I like it

Looks great.

You drew the squid?

Omg, i WISH i could take ownership of the squid, but no, it's just something i found on Google :( but i loved the image so much i really wanted to make something with it:

this is the original
DKB_SQUID_1_body_PRINT-Flat1.jpg

how can you not look at something that awesome and not be inspired?! hahahaha! ^_^

I like the design but not a fan of the typography I undestand the theme but honestly I find it hard to read. But it works well if that makes sense. Over all I like it

hahaha! i think i get it :p And i understand, i'm totally trying to get a better handle on typography so i really appreciate you telling me. How else is a girl supposed to learn right? ;) any suggestions to make it easier?

if you highlight the text then go to window> Character and you will see a window like this pop up
Capture.PNG

Ok lets try and get this right

white equals font size

grey\silver equals letter\character spacing so the gap between each letter

yellow equals the font height note this is just the height not the size so you can stretch type

blue equals the space between lines of texts so currently the space indicated is that equal to if I was using a font size of 18

red equals the space between words

green stretches highlighted text or compresses it

if you highlight the text then go to window> Character and you will see a window like this pop up
View attachment 17448

white equals font size

yellow equals the font height note this is just the height not the size so you can stretch type

blue equals the space between lines of texts so currently the space indicated is that equal to if I was using a font size of 18

itty bitty typo correction hoogle; a little switcheroo!

grey\silver equals the space between words

red equals letter\character spacing so the gap between each letter

Ok Actually if you want to be correct

Red equals Tracking however you change this the highlighted or whole text field the spacing between characters\letters will always be the same regardless of font and script

However grey\silver equals Kerning
Kerning equals the space between 2 characters letters at a time So the spacing between the characters depend more on what the font is here is Wikipedias result
Capture.PNG
More info can be found here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kerning

And here is the more accurate description of the character panel from Adobe
Capture.PNG

View attachment 17448

white equals font size

alrighty, so the measurements in the boxes are what you are suggesting i change the font characters to? :)

no They have no relevance to your image they just happen to be my current settings at that time.

Play with them and see what looks best

should i choose a different font for this? or do i just need to have better spacing?

I like the wobbly text it just needs to be clearer maybe a slight strok or something will seperate it

OK, point taken. Thank you for making it readable in 200 point type, lol.

From my use which has been a extensive over the years, this is how I have used it and I apologize for having it partly wrong. Never have used it to kearn within words, oddly enough.

Back