What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Upgrading to PS6 (Serial problem ???)

Sark

Power User
Hi all.

Have today recieved a PS 6 upgrade package, this is genuine software which I want to upgrade from version 5.

The problem is that no serial number was included. I haven't tried installing yet but am I right in assuming I will need a serial for this or do I use my version 5 serial. I know I need 5 to enable the upgrade but do I also need a 6 serial number.

I'm not at home for a few days so cannot check it out on my system and as this was an ebay purchase I would just like to know if I should pester the seller just yet.

Any info would be appreciated.

Sark

YOu probably should take action immediately because, if it is an original Adobe CD without a valid serial it is worthless.

Anyone who ever bought Photoshop has her/his own serial number/license, and selling a previous copy after upgrading (to 7 for example) is not allowed. Which is why you got no serial.

Normally the seller should first contact Adobe and fill in a form, stating that he stops with Photoshop and has it removed from his puter. Then, and only then, he may sell his license-with-the-original-CD.

So better act now.

ahhh...e-bay... :(|

Hi Eric.

Thanks for posting... Firstly I should emphasise the package (Cdrom + Manual) that I purchased was an "Upgrade", to enable PS4 or PS5 to be upgraded to PS6.

The following is a quote from the "Read me" file on the PS6 upgrade disc.

If you are upgrading from an earlier version of Adobe Photoshop, use the original serial number that came with that version. The seven-digit number that appears on your Upgrade Registration Card (e.g. PWW501V) is for reporting purposes only; you cannot use this number to install the
application.

This suggests no serial number was included with this disc, however, I suspect the seven digit number, that appears on the upgrade registration card, is needed as a license.
I shall contact the seller to see if they have this....some hope :(

Thanks again

Sark

I hope you get this solved asap, as it must be a real bummer to spend money, and then not be able to uise the sof...

I never had PS4 or 5, so I can't help, but there must be members that know more on this...anyone remembers upgrading from 5 to 6?

If I remember correctly from PS V5 to PS V6 you just used your original purchase serial number but were required at some point during the installation process to insert your original install CD. V7 changed that policy and gave you a new serial # but you still had to have the original disks available.

Back