What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

URGENT HELP PLEASE!

alig84

Hi, I got a digital artwork done for my husband for christmas. The website i need to upload it to to be printed is asking me to resize the image to 594mm wide x 420mm high (to go in an A2 frame). I go into image size in Photoshop to change the width and height but when i enter 594mm wide it changes the width from 420mm to 467.86mm! and then when i try uploading it to the printing website it tells me the size is incorrect and that i need to change the measurements to 594x420.

If i select resample then it makes the image blurry and i lose the quality. But if i went ahead and printed it as per the measurements photoshop is forcing me to change it to then the print preview shows that details get cut off which i don't want!!

I am a beginner with photoshop. Can someone please help me??? I just want to print the picture as an A2 image ie: 594mm x 420mm to go in an A2 frame.

I have attached a screenshot from the printing site so you can see the error and where the photo gets cut off
Thanks!

snip.JPG

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
when i enter 594mm wide it changes the width from 420mm to 467.86mm!
Not sure this makes sense. You enter a width of 594mm or 420mm?

How would the width go from 420 to 467.86 on it's own? Or are you referring to the height?

For printing A2, use 72ppi and 1684px H x 1191px H for vertical orientation. Or.......... 72ppi and 1191px H x 1684px W for horizontal orientation. You may not be able to re-size the original art. You might need to create a new document with the correct measurements and fit the art inside, then submit.

REFERENCE

alig84

Not sure this makes sense. You enter a width of 594mm or 420mm?

How would the width go from 420 to 467.86 on it's own? Or are you referring to the height?

For printing A2, use 72ppi and 1684px H x 1191px H for vertical orientation. Or.......... 72ppi and 1191px H x 1684px W for horizontal orientation. You may not be able to re-size the original art. You might need to create a new document with the correct measurements and fit the art inside, then submit.

REFERENCE
Thanks for your reply.

I ended up working it out in the end when i googled what pixels to enter when printing A2 and it gave the specific pixel numbers which populated the exact measurements.

At first though i had no idea about the pixels though so i was trying to enter the measurements. So in photoshop i entered 594 width and 420 height but photoshop changed the 420 to 467.86. It wouldn't allow me to type both the height and width figures without changing one of them.