What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Vintage Actions (Specific Question)

flippingcat

I'm not sure if I'll be able to get assistance with this. Admittedly I'm a total noob when it comes to Photoshop so I'll probably come across rather silly here, but I'll try explain my situation. I run an online clothing label and my photographer also edited the photos and made them look fantastic. Unfortunately she left to travel indefinitely and I'm now without the editing skills for my new product photos. As a result, the new products look really unprofessional by comparison. I downloaded a couple photoshop actions that give vintage effects but they still look totally different, so I was wondering if anyone knew of any photoshop actions which give a similar effect.

Here's how she does her photos:

cecilgreyc.jpg

And here are how mine turn out:

popopo.jpg

Does anyone know of any action which makes similar edits?

I'm so sorry if this is a stupid question, I just thought I'd ask.

ibis

Power User
Hit Crl+B
drag the sliders tao add red and yellow
have original photo for the color comparation open by
use your own eyes to get to the desired point
praktice

flippingcat

Here was my first attempt:

popopoediy.jpg

The only thing is I think I'm ruining the colour of the jumper and I feel like the photos edited by the initial designer were so much sharper.

ibis

Power User
make new layer Ctrl+J
apply filter unsharp mask or sharpen edges or what ever suits your photo
( you may even play with some of the atristic filters such as poster edges or cutout)
use eraser brush on the new sharpened layer to delete portions of the layer and restore for example smoothness of the face
Hit ctrl+E to merge layers
PS
try to take sharp photos at the first place;-)

cyclone2426

I know this isnt exactly what you were going for, but it shows that its not that hard to get going in that general direction.....

eyepyramidshirt.png