What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Specific Vintage image retouch

Bateman1988

Hi creators,

I scanned this image of my grandpa, a picture from the 1940s. I want to put this on a huge canvas for my wall. I dont really care about the scratches and stuff, but the lightning / contrast is all over the place, especially the lower part looks a bit blown out, if you know what I mean.

The image is a scanned tiff file, I hope it doesnt lose quality by uploading it here cause I need it for a canvas later on :) I wonder what you can make of it. Cheers!

Attachments

• Opa1940s.rar
    11.3 MB · Views: 9

JJLAPIN

Guru
I don't know if its just me but this would not unstuff. How about a zip file?

Bateman1988

Thanks alot JJLAPIN, the haze is a lot less. The sharpness is good, I think it shouldn't be sharper then this. Not to sound picky, but could u maybe add more contrast or black to the part beneath, does it still look a bit misty / blurred?, compared to the gravel near his shoes.

But I really appreciate your time and effort, looks way better :)

Bateman1988

Are there names for those vintage colors? I mean, you have black & white, that orange-ish tint etc, I need to decide what I want for my canvas print.

Your printshop would print your poster in the colors like you see on my file. Orange-ish tint as you call it.
If you don't want this color, I could easily change it to a more black and white-ish tint.

Bateman1988

Ok, its done! I have placed an order for a canvas print. I wont say which edit I choose to not dissapoint here anyone, but I'm really, really happy. Proud to get this image of my grandpa on my wall. :)