What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

VMA Text

Leon Hunt

First of, Hi everybody! I just registered on this board. I've been using Photoshop for fun for like half a year now, and I learned everything I know so far from this site. (Thank you Mark, it's GREAT!)

Now for my question.
Did any of you see this year MTV Video Music Awards? Because I am trying to redo some text they showed on those big screens. Unfortunately I haven't been able to find any pictures of it so far, but I will try to describe it for now. It?s a bold white text with chipped edges that makes it look worn, and some "speed lines" around it giving it a "shaking" effect. (on the VMA the text IS actually shaking, but obviously it wont in my picture :\ ) Anyways, do you know which one I am talking about?

So far I've managed to chip an Arial Black text font using a quick mask and crystallize effect. BUT I don't feel like it is done yet, 'till it get some more "scratches".

Back