What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Warp edges to make a perfect rectangle

Azzy

Hi,

I am editing photos of rugs, they are png's and the edges are wavey and not a perfect rectangle. At the moment I am using a combination of the warp, puppet transform and liquify to get the rugs as square as possible. I was wondering if there is an easier way to do this as it's very time-consuming.

Am I able to automatically warp a selection to a rectangle as a smart object somehow?

Any help is appreciated, thanks!

1634017901167.png

Rich54

Guru
A few possible suggestions:
  1. If the rugs don't need to be a precise size, then use the rectangular marquee tool to make a selection of a perfect rectangle that is very slightly smaller than the rug is now. Invert the selection and delete everything outside of it, leaving only the interior with perfect edges.
  2. If the rugs do need to be a precise size, then use Edit>Transform>Scale to very slightly increase the size of the rug—bigger than what its final dimensions will be. Then, similar to #1 above, create a rectangular selection of the appropriate size, invert it, and delete whatever falls outside of it.
  3. Create a rectangular selection of the appropriate size. On a new layer, use the clone stamp to fill-in any gaps to create clean edges.