What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Warp Text Issues. Urgently need help!

trisham

Hey everyone.
I am trying to use the warp text tool to create an arch with my text. However, when I make my arch, the font becomes very distorted and I cannot figure out why. By distorted, I mean the font is not holding it's true shape while making the arch.
Can anyone please help?!

You have a couple options here. Probably easiest would be to take your original text layer, and right-click on it in the layers palette. In that menu (usually in the bottom half) there is a "warp text" option. In the pop up you can select how you want the text warped via the drop down.

Your other option is to use the pen tool set on paths, do draw the curve you want the text to follow. Then go back to your text tool, and move the cursor over the path you made, the cursor should change slightly. Click and anything you type will conform to the curve of the path.

Automated or hand done, your choice. Good luck

Back