What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Warp Transform multiple layers?

DeJaynes

Hello,

I'm trying to warp transfer multiple layers. I read about turning the layers into a smart object but I am using CS2 and the only option I see is "Group into New Smart Object". Which basically flattens the layers.

I don't know if there's a way to copy the transform of one layer and apply it to another. I need the transform to be exact so I don't want to try to guess on each layer.

Any help on how to do so would be appreciated.

This is what I'm doing in the gif, but trying to make the bottom curve to the bottle. It's 9 layers.

LightningBottle.gif

The GIF was made using a different program than PS.

And to be fair, I think I'm using outdated terms, since I am using CS2. Not sure what isn't a proper term that I'm using. I can select the 9 layers I have and do a free transform but not a warp transform. The option is grayed out.

So here's an image showing my layers. I have the layers I want turned on and then save it as a jpeg. So essentially I end up with 9 jpegs of the lightning at different stages. I then take it into animation shop.
1.jpg

Here's my menu option when I select all layers (sans background) and try to transform them

2.jpg

And this is the option I get when I want to do a smart object

3.jpg

Like I said, I know it'll be tough to help using outdated programs. I tried looking for CS2 tutorials to learn more about smart objects but no luck. Never used them before.

So here's an image showing my layers. I have the layers I want turned on and then save it as a jpeg. So essentially I end up with 9 jpegs of the lightning at different stages. I then take it into animation shop.
I see. You're using one bottle layer and 9 lightning layers with layer masks. Select the water bottle layer and duplicate. Turn off original background layer. A background layer will not let you free transform it. Once you have made the changes in the bottle, create a new selection from the new bottle and change all the layer masks.

What is animation shop?

I see. You're using one bottle layer and 9 lightning layers with layer masks. Select the water bottle layer and duplicate. Turn off original background layer. A background layer will not let you free transform it. Once you have made the changes in the bottle, create a new selection from the new bottle and change all the layer masks.

What is animation shop?

I'm not transforming the bottle, but the 9 lightning layers to fit the curve of the bottom of the bottle. Like this.

b.jpg

Animation shop originally came with Paint Shop Pro, my dad used to use it. So it's also an outdated program. I don't think CS2 can make animated gifs, at least not that I know of.

I'm not transforming the bottle, but the 9 lightning layers to fit the curve of the bottom of the bottle. Like this.
You will have to do them one layer at a time.

I think I'm going to redo the lightning anyways so it expands from the middle. In doing so I may be able to warp the base image then each image after will have the warp already applied.

I think I'm going to redo the lightning anyways so it expands from the middle. In doing so I may be able to warp the base image then each image after will have the warp already applied.
That sounds like a well thought out plan. Warp one, then duplicate.

And I won't have to duplicate the warp actually. The layer that has all the lightning showing, I'll just warp that layer. I'll put a black layer over it and erase parts exposing the lightning underneath in different stages, saving it as I go along. I would have done this originally but I made the original lightning image 8x8 and animated that, then thought of the bottle idea. Was hoping with a quick fix but I think this will get better results.

I'll look more into smart objects since I still have no idea how they work.

Back