What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Warped text.

Hi David
Depending on the quality you want, final files, and budget - look for a shop that does architectural or large format scanning. They have oversized flatbeds that can accommodate your document and can provide prints or digital files in whatever format you might need.

Some of them might even have book scanners which are most interesting machines.

Good luck with this!
- Jeff
Hello Jeff. My maps (plans) are actually slightly less than A0 size and I have been corresponding with my County Record Office and they have a fancy digital camera setup apparently which is capable of photographing at this size and can provide the results in JPEG or TIF format from what I think is some kind of contraption suspended from the ceiliing. But they have quoted me £20 to scan each plan. Having said that they have also said that they would like a copy of all the property details contained within the catalogue + the plans for their records. Time to put my negotiating hat on methinks. :cool:
Thanks again. Regards - David.

Thank you for that @[ iLLuSioN ] You are obviously much more adept at using Scan Tailor tha I am. That is a very good job you have done there. But I didn't use the Advanced version, in fact I don't remember seeing that option. Is it also a freebie ?

illusion.JPG

Last edited:
Thank you very much for that @[ iLLuSioN ]. I downloaded that (the 64 bit version because I am using a Win 8.1 64 bit machine) and I am s-l-o-w-l-y getting there. For some reason when I have got to the Dewarp screen with the blue grid over what I have selected (actually just a paragraph to play with) my brain is having difficulty in figuring out which way to move the grid lines. It's all trial and error at the moment. :unsure: