What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Website Banner Request

Teague

Hello, I'm seeking a request for a banner for a website I am creating. I have the entire website almost done, I just need some help with a banner.

The link to the website is this if you would like to check out the color scheme you would be working with.

categorists. com

I'm thinking I would like it to say the title of the website "Categorists" follow by the tagline. "Not Qualified to Write About Anything, So We Write About Everything"

I am not experienced with this type of design so I'm not sure how difficult this task would be. I just want something that looks Clean and Crisp and has some uniqueness to it so that it doesn't look cheap.

I know how some of these photoshops requests turn into jokes but I'm willing to try. And also, there is in no way I am profiting off of this site or intend do. I've just been wanting to create one for fun.

Thanks,
Teague

This is very rough, just a basic idea for you to consider. That is, if by banner, you mean header, not banner ad . . . If you like the design idea it would probably require redoing the cube and the letters so that they would match up.

categorists.png

Hi Teague,

I tag real life items using post it notes, sometimes colour coordinated and that was the inspiration for the banner below.

I figure your site will be an assortment of different things so wanted to reflect this whilst making it appear consistent. I purposely made the banner colourful since the pictures and articles on your site would equally make your site colourful, instead of the blue you specified.

Please do comment and offer suggestions for change if you don't like it,..

Regards..

D
categorists.jpg

Hi Teague,

I tag real life items using post it notes, sometimes colour coordinated and that was the inspiration for the banner below.

Well done D. I like that you combine real and virtual. Metaphorically nice too. Somewhere around here, I have an old book called "Notes to Myself." That's pretty much what it was, a book about anything.

Hi Teague,

I figure your site will be an assortment of different things so wanted to reflect this whilst making it appear consistent. I purposely made the banner colourful since the pictures and articles on your site would equally make your site colourful, instead of the blue you specified.

Please do comment and offer suggestions for change if you don't like it,..

Regards..

D

Wow that looks absolutely great! I really like the thought of the assortment of colors you put into it. I completely agree.

The only thing I think I could ask for are a few minor technical changes in the tagline. Is there anyway you could capitalize all the first letters of every word except the word 'to'? And also, do you think the tagline be shifted to the left side would make it look better? If not, don't both with shifting the text.

So it would just read,

Not Qualified to Write About Anything, So We Write About Everything

But still, I think this looks absolutely great and it fits exactly what I was asking for. I can't express how much I appreciate you helping me out with this.

Thanks,

No problem.. I'm happy to help..

I've also attached a version with transparent background in case you ever change your background from white, it might help in the future :)

Regards,

D
categorists2.jpg
categorists-Trans.gif

Back