What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Specific Weird lighting probem!

Guy w/Photoshop Requests

I wanted to ask if anyone can help? This pic has a very weird lighting problem. Can you plz edit it so the lighting is equal on both sides? (So the right side of his face is clear?) (And can you also explain how you did so so I can do it myself further on) Thank you in advance!
Jack.jpg

This image I am presenting is not really using PS skill, so it is not something worth learning from. I selected the bright half of the face, duplicated into another layer, flipped it horizontally and wanted to append it over the darker side, but because of the angle of the face in the pic, it was not a match. So, I had to narrow out the duplicated side of the face. Still it seemed wider, so I had to cut out the face to the background face's dimensions and concatenate the ear separately.

If this image needs to improve, a mild shadow needs to be introduced on the right side.

Just ask if you need anything else or have a question about my method.1229-After-Jack.jpg

Thanks, I tried doing that too, but I couldn't circularly rotate anything on paint. I tried "squeezing" the right side of his face so the proportions look natural (Also, I edited the shadow out using a photo editor) but they were a bit unsuccessful. Can you help me with this?
1229-After-Jack.jpg

Last edited:
I have noticed a lot of your requests deal with lighting and sharpness. Maybe a little planning before and possibly a better camera would take care of most of your requests.:unsure:

Back