What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Illustrator What am I doing wrong

Hoogle

Guru
OK I am really wanting to get into using Adobe Illustrator and never really used the pen tool before in Illustrator. However I am trying what appears to be a basic tutorial that uses a stroke from pen tool under text. However when I am using pen tool in a new document it works as expected but as soon as I have typed some text and then go to use the pen tool it is creating weird shapes and filling in my path. I am looking for usual icons you get in photoshop and clicking what I think is right but it is failing.

Picture before text is used
no text.PNG

As soon as I have incorporated text
text.PNG

Ok I have fixed it there was a box at the bottom of the tool bar that I had changed somehow.

Seems that i'm too late with that and you managed it yourself.
You added fill color.

Yeah you guessed it I am trying to learn Illustrator because you can make things in there easier than in cinema 4d and then export paths into there so now trying to recreate the transformes title animation using illustrator, cinema 4d and after effects.

Yeah, i took quick look at that tutorial. Good one but long one too. Author is so patient man/woman :)

Speaking of cinema 4D anyone uses Bryce with Daz3d? I just download it in fact but I am missing time. I want to learn Indesign as first priority:-/ too much to learn, too little time :-/

Let me know if you get stuck with InDesign, I used to use it quite a lot for work so have some experience with it. Not saying that I will definitely be able to help, but I might.

OK I am really wanting to get into using Adobe Illustrator and never really used the pen tool before in Illustrator. However I am trying what appears to be a basic tutorial that uses a stroke from pen tool under text. However when I am using pen tool in a new document it works as expected but as soon as I have typed some text and then go to use the pen tool it is creating weird shapes and filling in my path. I am looking for usual icons you get in photoshop and clicking what I think is right but it is failing.

Picture before text is used
View attachment 9416

As soon as I have incorporated text
View attachment 9417

Yup. Looks like the fill, and not stroke, was set to black. I do that all the time when I start using the pen tool in Illustrator.

Back