What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

what do you think of the editing on this?

Looks ok, just a little to green mate.

He looks gently demonic -- if there is such a thing. Werewolf light? LOL. You did say you overprocessed it. Yes, the eyes are over the top, transparent, glowing irises and neon whites! But I think everything else is very artistically done, good color, richly textured :D

i actually did most of this with lightroom 4

the new clarity slider was the main affect, and i like it

it is much better for this that the old one

I like that better myself. Of course as I said, it depends on whether you want realism or surrealism. I thought of what the eyes in the first rendition seem to be: reptilian. Don't they seem kind of atavistic? :D

His eyes look like a primitive characteristic that has been passed down from generation to generation?

I'm not sure what you mean.

Banjo playing hick billy, twing twang a twing a twing twing twong.
Scream like a pig boy....

No, I mean they look primitive, specifically, because they are on a modern man they look like a a throwback to something of man's distant past, hence the reference to reptilian. And it has nothing to do with suggesting that his parents are neanderthal :D .

Yikes, I am truly sorry if it sounds like I am being critical in a negative way. I was only stating my opinion originally that the eyes were too brilliant to be realistic, IF that was what dirty was after achieving. I didn't say they were not interesting, but I do find them eerie. Overall, I think it is a nice work. I think it would be better if there were more detail in the hand or the color was balanced in processing so it wasn't so starkly different from the face, but that's getting picky, and is just IMO. The colors are lush and muted and it makes a good portrait.

I think the eyes whites need something, too much red veins and it needs more white. I am a noobie so probably I don't know what I am talking.

I like both of the images. The first one is good if you are doing a more surreal/fictional piece, whereas the other picture works better for a realistic touch-up/enhancement. Either way they are both very good improvements of the original!

Back