What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What does your wallpaper look like?

mmagikman

This might have been done before, but what the hay I'll do it anyways.
This is the wall paper that I use. It isn't a PS pic. I ran across it on the 3D Cafe site.

Lilo & Stitch sitting in a hammock.
:blech:
I miss my Janet Jackson wallpaper.
Long story.

Neutral grey. No shortcuts, nothing.
When working, I use the desktop to save folders to, which I also do when downloading.
But afterwards I clean it up, delete to thrash or save twice on different HDD's. I need this discipline (which saves me lots of time) because if I don't, I have two HDD's filled with files and folders, and I waste an enormous amount of time trying to find what I am looking for.

I make new desktop images fairly often. Currently I'm using a rendered landscape made in Terragen as I'm fascinated by the reality of the water rendering. Here's one I've used quite a bit which was titled Visual Vitamin.

And here's another which I used for a long time because it was easy to live with. (Actually a few other people are using this one too...I do Mac tech support on their computers :eek:) Also my Birthday image for Gare was a knockoff of one of my favorite desktop images, a fanciful UFO in a cumulus sort of fleecy sky.

Great papers, Welles! :perfect:

In between downloading (for personal use) images from webshot, my desktop is usually black... afterall, the only time that I see it is when I'm looking for "some other file" that I've conveniently downloaded to it. ;)

My wallpaper.....just a tiny little photo of Bruce Springsteen ;\ ....for the rest just black....
Bye
Ashcat

I have 3 HDs now - one has one of my wife's watercolours, and the other two have pictures I created with Bryce.
At work I have another of her watercolours; in fact several of the girls here have used them too.

I was going to post a picture and then remembered.....................Oh, yeah, I've got 210 wallpapers that change daily with the help of a little free "wallpaper changer" program. I don't think Mark would be too happy if I posted all of them so.....just take my word for it, they vary from abstract to scenic. :D

Yep, you guessed it, I have a picture of my desktop on my desktop.
At the time I took the pic, I was doing an assignment for Gare's thread.

Nice pic stickdiesel. I may have to wonder over there and check it out. :perfect:

Nitro, [stuned]

Hee, hee, hee! I remember that "ELO" challenge nitro! ;)

Stickdiesel, that is indeed a great image! :perfect:

Lovely Nikkie! :}

At the momment i'm using this one Link but ussualy i use this one (attatched screen)

Its a activ desktop whit animations and rollovers whit links to diferent programs and some system inf like how mutch space i gor on the diferent drives.

dont use it rigth now becaus it need to be uppdated sins i baught a new hd. :}

Rock on

By desktop bg is a neutral grey. On a Mac, you don't get that full-screen grey background when you open Photoshop (or any other app); you can still see your desktop (depending on the size of the image you're working on and its view). So, a wallpaper would be distracting for seeing colors, and working with images.

I go nuts when working in Windows with PS; I can't easily drag and drop images from my desktop! There's no easy way that I can find to quickly get to the desktop. I guess it's what you're used to doing, and goes with my theory that in many cases the way you work is influenced by how the OS behaves.

AppleCider,

I, too, use a Mac. With OS X I've taken to using CodeTek's Virtual Desktop which allows you to have an 'infinite' number of different desktops. In my case I have one general purpose one, one for Classic applications, and one each for all my major applications. What you get is effectively a desktop which is uncluttered by any other application's windows (but you can drag windows from their assigned desktop to another) plus, you can specify different desktop images for each virtual desktop.

As a result I keep the Photoshop desktop at a 50% gray but others have images. I really like my desktop images, but you're right that neutral is best for PS image work and cycling through the 'F' key Photoshop window display options is only good for single image viewing. If you might be interested...http://www.codetek.com/index.html. This is extrememly handy for my use of OS X as I often end up with a dozen or more major applications launched and am bouncing among them.

Cheers!

Shaun said:
I have 3 HDs now - one has one of my wife's watercolours, and the other two have pictures I created with Bryce.
At work I have another of her watercolours; in fact several of the girls here have used them too.
Here's the latest with her newest watercolour.

Edited - here's the new desktop with her latest watercolour

Back