What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

what effect/how to?

t03y

Hi everyone,

Being my first post, I'd first like to congratulate you on such a good, helpful forum. I am glad I signed up to this one to learn more about photoshop.

Now to my topic.

For my school design project, I am designing a yearbook cover and want to sort of base it on this particular image, except with a picture of the current principal and pictures of what the school is about.

Image:
tes_one_change_we_made.gif

In order to do this, I would like to hear how those who know what they are doing would go about this? What effects would I have to use to get that cartoony look? What other things will I need to do/know in order to achieve something like this?

I do have some basic photoshop knowledge, but this is more than likely beyond my current skill level. Also, I want to use the school logo and morph that logo into the image I will create (the one similar to above). How would I do that?

Your help will be appreciated.

Cheers

Hey -

Are you able to confirm this was done completely in PS? This particular picture looks like it could have been done in Illustrator as well.

From first glance, if this in fact was done in PS, it looks like many of the elements are done in the effects/adjustments palette. Such as Brightness/Contrast or Hue/Saturation. It also appears to have use of brushes and other elements to give it that grungy look.

Google tutorials on Grunge - that should be a good start for you.

Yes, good point. I don't know what it was made in.

I had a brief look into how to makes pictures cartoon today, which gave me a slight idea.

I will look into grunge soon when I find time.

Thankyou

grunge looks fairly close. I think with a little playing around, it could be what I'm looking for. Cheers

Back